Wow, y’all! What a whirlwind of emotions these past few weeks have been. Let me rewind and fill you in…
I have been a licensed real estate agent since 2009 (11 years?!? How is that even possible?!) and of those 11 years, I’ve been with PorchLight Real Estate Group 10 years. I’ve had an incredible run at PorchLight. Honestly. So blessed to have been apart of the PorchLight family. They built me into the agent I am today. I learned SO much and gained so much. They helped shape my career and definitely pushed me to a place I never thought was possible. While it’s truly been wonderful, I was ready for a change–something new and fresh, something to push me again.
“A real estate company with a purpose. Our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world” – Compass
I’ve gone through every emotion these past few weeks. I’ve cried, laughed, yelled and cried some more. I haven’t gone through a change like this in a LONG time, and I felt the pressure to do it all right. Not only does this decision affect me, but it also affects my family, and of course, my clients. I wanted to make sure I was making the right decision.
I had put some feelers out to other real estate companies. I interviewed with several and they were all so good. Like, really good. Denver has an incredible standard for real estate agents and these companies I met with honestly blew my mind. So many companies doing some really cool things. I considered so many factors when I decided I wanted a change in a real estate brokerage, but at the end of the day, I also went with my gut. And y’all, Compass just felt so right.
Sooooo, why Compass? Shoot dang, where do I start?!
- The Technology. If I learned anything these past 6 weeks (lord help us all), it was that technology is SO IMPORTANT! Technology is going to lead us into how our country goes back to “normal”. Technology is what got us through these past 6 weeks, too. As a realtor, I need access to the latest and greatest and Compass delivers on the technology front more than any other real estate company I know. I can’t wait to show you more, but trust me, the technology is WAY better than anything I’ve seen.
- According the Compass website, “Compass is building the first modern real estate platform, pairing the industry’s top talent with technology to make the search and sell experience intelligent and seamless”
- Marketing. I’m a sucker for good looking marketing. You know, making pretty choices (If you’re a Living with Landyn fan, then you know). Compass takes this platform to a whole new level. And the cool part? I can tweak and put my personal stamp on the marketing, too. Compass provides the tools, and I’m able to run with it. I can’t wait to dive deep into the marketing and really showcase homes and my clients.
- Compass Academy. As a realtor, it’s my job to stay up on current trends, neighborhoods, contracts and so much more. Compass provides their online Academy so as agents, we can constantly improve our skills and stay ahead of the curve. I love this tool and love all the course options!
- National Brand. Now, I’m not going to lie, I really went back and forth with this. I pride myself on being a “local” kind of girl and the thought of a big national company kind of scared me, in a way. But I shifted my perspective and realized HOW COOL it was to apart of a company with so much reach. Compass has offices everywhere from NYC to Southern California, and as a Compass Agent, I have access to all these offices, nationwide! So, when I head back to Nashville for a trip, I can pop into the local Compass office and do some work. As someone who loves to travel and explore other cities, I LOVE that I’m able to access Compass nationwide. *PLUS*, I have access to a really amazing network of agents and people all over the country–connecting buyers and sellers has a whole new reach.
- Caliber of Agents. Holy. Shit. It’s time to UP MY GAME! I’m surrounded by some heavy hitters in the real estate world and a lot of the top producers in Denver are with Compass. Surround yourself with winners and people doing bigger and better than you, and that’s what I have done. I can’t wait to observe, learn and soak in everything from these top producers.
Some other cool reasons I’m excited to be apart of the Compass team: (click the links below for more info)
Compass Concierge—You guys, this is a GAME CHANGER! This is a one-of-a-kind program that I can’t wait to share with you. Basically, if you’re looking to do updates/renovations to your home prior to selling, but are short on funds, Compass will FRONT the costs of a renovation, and yours truly gets to help guide you and walk you through the renovation/design process to help YOU get more money for the sale of your home!
Leadership–the owners/founders of Compass are pretty remarkable and great leaders. Robert Reffkin even called me (like, the big time CEO from NYC) on day 1 to welcome me to Compass! So. Cool.
Compass Coming Soon–be apart of an exclusive network of “coming soon” listings before they hit the market (for both buyers and sellers, this is awesome and a huge competitive advantage!)
Bridge Loan Services–found your dream home, but need to “bridge” the gap before selling your current home? Check out this program!
Compass Cares–it’s cool to give back, and be apart of something so special
I think you can see, I’m really excited for this new chapter. As always, I’m SO thankful for my clients because without y’all, I wouldn’t be able to make these big decisions and be where I am today. I can’t wait to show you all the cool things I can offer now and what an amazing company this is to be apart of. Want to learn more about Compass? Check out their website here.