If you follow me on social media, you’re well aware our *new* short term rental property in the heart of Grand County is NOW available for your bookings! We are so excited to share this home with you.
We started our search about 6 months ago when we decided we wanted to sell our rental property (that had long term tenants) and use the money for a short term rental in the mountains, that we could share with family and friends, enjoy ourselves, and open it up for others to rent.
We knew we wanted to be in the Winter Park area, so quickly started our search. I, of course, wanted a detached home that needed work (in true Lindsay form), and Steve wanted a smaller condo that was move-in ready.
We searched for about two months, and finally found the home we own now and instantly fell in love! It is a brand new townhome, that was move-in ready. We walked into the model and knew this was our new mountain home. Steve got his “move-in ready” home, newer construction, didn’t need any work and I got to FURNISH AN ENTIRE HOME! I was so excited, a little overwhelmed, but so excited. Trying to find furnishings and decor that not only fit our style, but were also “rental friendly” and could be easily replaced for not much money, was a fine line to walk, but damn, we are so excited for how it all turned out!
The home is located in the Grand Elk community in Granby. Directly across the street from Ski Granby Ranch, 20 minutes to Winter Park, 30 minutes to Grand Lake and only about 5 minutes to downtown Granby. We feel we found the perfect mountain getaway, in the heart of it all!
Some of my favorite features:
- Hot tub, duh.
- Large, open entertaining space. It’s perfect for gatherings!
- An oversized, HEATED, two car garage
- While we didn’t get to pick out any of the finishes (they were already selected), the home was exactly our style — mountain farmhouse!
- Easy access to so many wonderful things to do in Grand County
- Lots of space with 3 bedrooms, an additional den with a bed/couch, 4 bathrooms, dog room, laundry room and so much more
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Master Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Bunk Beds | Den: Queen Sleeper Sofa
Escape the mountains’ elements in this modern townhome! The living room’s plush sectional sofa with fluffy pillows, plus the gas fireplace and flat-screen TV, will have you feeling immediately relaxed. Add a glass of wine to the mix for the ultimate night at this Granby property!
Whether you’ve been hiking or skiing, your sore quads will thank you for a long soak in the private hot tub. As you soak, try not to lose yourself in the mountain views that seem to stretch on forever. Hungry? Fire up the gas grill also located on the balcony.
Back inside, the kitchen comes fully equipped to handle all of your home-cooking needs! Stainless steel appliances and ample counter space let you prepare your favorite dishes with ease, while the 6-person dining table and 3-person bar let you serve the meal without the worry of where to sit everyone.
End the day with a cleansing shower in one of the 3 full bathrooms, all stocked with fresh towels and complimentary toiletries. Comfortable beds, ranging from twin bunks to a king bed, adorn each bedroom for a restful night’s sleep, prepping you for another adventurous day in Colorado!
Enjoy all of your favorite outdoor activities, away from crowds, and just 90 minutes west of Denver while vacationing at this ideally located Granby townhome! The property sits just 3 miles from Granby Ranch, where you’ll find a family-friendly environment offering lessons, rentals, and more.
If the crowds entice you, venture just 19 miles to Winter Park Ski Resort! Over 166 trails, ranging from easy to hard, let everyone choose their own level of challenge. Come summer, the ski resort transforms into a mountain biker’s paradise, Trestle Bike Park!
After a day on the mountain, stop back in the town of Winter Park for a bite to eat at Deno’s Mountain Bistro or Hernando’s Pizza Pub, where honey is served as a side to the crust! Or, dine at Tabernash Tavern, which features international cuisine and an assortment of wines and beer. Granby itself is also home to great eateries like Brickhouse 40 and Mid Town Cafe!
Summertime brings adventure on Lake Granby, located roughly 29 minutes away. Here, explore the lake’s perimeter via hiking and mountain biking, or cool off with a refreshing dip in the alpine water. Golfers might prefer a day spent on the links of Grand Elk Golf Club or Granby Ranch Golf Course, each featuring panoramic mountain views. But if you’re looking for a more challenging hike, don’t look any further than the Devil’s Thumb Trail!
– Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, gas fireplace, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, central heat, fresh linens and towels, complimentary toiletries, full laundry room, private hot tub, balcony with mountain views, gas grill, 2-car heated garage and 2-car driveway, and much more
– 15% off public golf course vouchers, which includes range fees, golf cart, range balls, etc. (please reach out to the Guest Contact or Evolve for further information)
– Incredible location on the free Winter Park/Granby shuttle, The Lift, route – just 3 miles from Granby Ranch Resort, 10 miles from Lake Granby, 10 miles from Tabernash, 19 miles from Winter Park Resort, and close to great hiking and mountain biking trails!
– Nearest Major Airport: Denver International Airport (~108 miles away)